|Request a Quote|
Temperature instrumentation includes a wide range of field instruments used to measure heat in commercial and industrial systems. These temperature control systems include manual and automatic processes for monitoring temperature to maintain an ideal operating range and prevent equipment damage or failure.
Manual temperature instrumentation is typically reserved for non-critical applications or when temperature fluctuations are minimal and occur slowly. Automatic applications utilize sensors and other field instruments that provide a signal or alarm when temperatures reach a specified level. These are used for critical applications where temperatures can quickly change. Depending on the application, they can be more convenient than manual field instruments because they do not require an operator to take the measurements.
Temperature Instrumentation Solutions from Leading Manufacturers
Branom Instrument Co. provides a wide range of temperature instrumentation products, from simple dial thermometers to sophisticated, versatile temperature controllers. Our temperature instruments include a full line of high quality, high performance temperature control and monitoring devices from the industry’s most trusted manufacturers. With a local inventory of heaters, sensors, transmitters, switches, calibrators, pyrometers, thermal imagers, and more, we’re sure to have the right temperature instrumentation equipment for your application.
We provide the following field instruments for temperature control systems:
- Controllers: These are an integral part of a temperature control system and include manual and automatic instruments including thermometers and digital temperature controllers.
- Heaters: This includes jacketing, wiring and tape used to heat pipes and other equipment. These items are used to maintain temperature and prevent freezing in cold operating environments.
- Infrared Pyrometers: These hand-held temperature instruments use infrared energy to take temperature readings and display the numerical temperature on a screen. Because they can take readings from a distance, they are commonly used for applications involving moving equipment or hazardous substances.
- RTDs: Also known as resistance temperature detectors, these sensors are used to measure temperature. They contain a resistor that changes value as the temperature changes and are known for their reliability and accuracy.
- Thermal Imagers: These field instruments use infrared energy to provide non-contact temperature monitoring. When measurements are taken, it produces a thermal image on the device screen that allows the user to determine heat levels. They provide precise readings and can be used on stationary or moving equipment.
- Thermocouples: This type of temperature instrument sensor features electrical conductors made of different metals that are welded at one end to form a junction. The instrument is immersed in a process and when the temperature changes the junction creates voltage that is read by a controller.
- and more
Controllers and Field Instruments for Monitoring Temperature Control Systems
Temperature control systems use various automatic and manual temperature instruments to monitor and display temperature fluctuations. Controllers are automatic temperature instruments that require minimal operator involvement. They received input from RTDs, thermocouples and other sensors and then compare the readings to the setpoint. If the temperature is too low or high, the controller sends an output to a senor that triggers either an alarm or a heating or cooling element to bring them temperature back into the desired range.
Common types of temperature instrumentation controllers include 4-phase, micro (PID) and digital temperature controllers. 4-phase controllers provide extra versatility with an option to set different time intervals and temperature and power settings based on your application requirements. Micro controllers, also known as PID controllers, provide proportional with integral and derivative control for continuous temperature monitoring and are used for various industrial applications. Digital controllers are temperature instrumentation devices that work with AC and DC voltages to provide precise temperature monitoring and control.
Automatic controllers are an important part of a temperature control system but there are other field instruments required to complete your system. Transmitters provide an interface between various pieces of equipment and thermometers are useful for manual temperature instrumentation applications. There are also insulative and heat-producing materials that can help maintain temperatures within pipes and other components to prevent freezing in extreme temperatures.
Featured Flied Instruments and Accessories for Temperature Control Systems
Some of our featured field instruments for temperature instrumentation include:
- Watlow Aspyre® Controllers: These power switching devices are used with rapid switching PID controllers for temperature control system applications. They provide exceptional thermal performance and feature a platform that can be used for a wide range of applications.
- WIKA Dial (Bimetal) Thermometers: These thermometers are a type of temperature instrumentation commonly used in hot water boilers, food manufacturing and heating facilities. They are available with or without a thermowell and have a threaded or Tri-clamp connection for secure mounting. Typical operating ranges are between 400° F (204° C) and -100° F (-70° C), depending on the thermometer style selected.
- INOR Transmitters: Head-mounted transmitters that provide an interface between the temperature sensor and automatic measurement device to convert RTD or thermocouple input signals into mA output signals.
- BriskHeat Heat/Insulation Jackets & Heating Tape: Flexible heating tape and insulative jackets that provide rapid thermal response for direct contact heating of pipes and other surfaces. Perfect for temperature control, freeze protection, condensation reduction, temporary heating and more.
Temperature Control System Startup, Calibration & Service
Branom can assist you with the startup and programming of your temperature control and monitoring instrumentation to ensure that your equipment delivers the best possible performance. We also provide troubleshooting, service, and onsite calibration for instrumentation in the field.
Contact Branom for Temperature Instrumentation Solutions
Process instrumentation products you can trust from experts that can helpRequest a Quote